Mechanical Engineer CAE CAD (f/m/d)
Check the boxes if you agree:
⬜ I am thinking of the full system. At the same time, I love to dig deep into details to find the best (technical) solutions.
⬜ I am always curious and eager to keep learning and find new solution approaches.
⬜ Entrepreneurial thinking helps me to keep my work focussed and streamlined to reach our startup goals.
Who we are and what are we looking for?
Ducktrain was founded in 2018 from Fabian, Markus, and Kai. Before, they have worked together at RWTH Aachen University. After years of building future mobility and logistic solutions, they identified a demand for light electric logistic vehicles, which could not be addressed by existing solutions.
Ducktrain is a small semi-automated logistic vehicle for urban and industrial applications, which aims to revolutionize last-mile logistics. In 2020 we build the first prototype, which is currently being certified and tested on road. In 2021 we will launch our first small series and continue to develop new features. You can find some impressions in our media section: https://ducktrain.io/media/.
What are we searching for?
At Ducktrain you have the chance to join the development of future transportation solutions and take an important role in shaping a solid foundation for the vehicle mechanical systems of the Ducktrain vehicles. Together with a dedicated team, you apply bleeding-edge technology, delivering outstanding products within a modern development environment.
Essential job functions
- As Mechanical Engineer (CAE, CAD) together with your teammates, you will develop the mechanical components of our Ducktrain vehicles.
- You take the responsibility for (mechanical) subcomponents and the integration into the full vehicle.
- Searching and identifying new solution approaches will be part of your daily work.
- Your quality work is the essential basis to bring our vehicle through certification and on the public road.
- You take care of the system documentation.
- You support the certification process.
First of all, you have outstanding communication skills and you aim at perfection to reach our goal to bring reliable, outstanding systems to the road. Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- At least 2 years of working experience in mechanical vehicle (components) development.
- Extensive experience in working with CAD (ideally SolidWorks).
- Strong skills in structural mechanics.
- Experience with sheet metal constructions desirable.
- Independent and structured way of working.
- First experience in PDM.
- Fluent German and at least basic English communication skills.
- High level of team spirit and enthusiasm.
What we offer
- Working in a young and motivated team in Aachen.
- Direct collaboration with our CTO.
- The chance to implement and realize your own ideas in a real product.
- A workplace in our office in the "Centre for Sustainable Mobility" and/or in the DigitalHub Aachen.
- The possibility to work (partially) from home.
- An appropriate compensation package.
Do you want to learn more about this offer or do you want to apply?
We are happy if you contact Ute Schulte.