Senior Engineer Vehicle Electronics & Mechatronics (w/m/d)
Check the boxes if you agree:
⬜ I am thinking of the full system. At the same time, I love to dig deep into details to find the best (technical) solutions.
⬜ I am always curious and eager to keep learning and find new solution approaches.
⬜ Entrepreneurial thinking helps me to keep my work focussed and streamlined to reach our startup goals.
Who we are and what are we looking for?
Ducktrain was founded in 2018 from Fabian, Markus, and Kai. Before, they have worked together at RWTH Aachen University. After years of building future mobility and logistic solutions, they identified a demand for light electric logistic vehicles, which could not be addressed by existing solutions.
Ducktrain is a small semi-automated logistic vehicle for urban and industrial applications, which aims to revolutionize last-mile logistics. In 2020 we build the first prototype, which is currently being certified and tested on road. In 2021 we will launch our first small series and continue to develop new features. You can find some impressions in our media section: https://ducktrain.io/media/.
What are we searching for?
We are looking for a senior engineer to boost our vehicle electronics & mechatronics development. You are responsible to develop and implement technical concepts and solutions for the Ducktrain vehicle system together with our team of hardware (electronics, mechatronics, mechanics) and software engineers. Together with a dedicated team, you apply bleeding-edge technology, delivering outstanding products within a modern development environment.
Essential job functions
- Development and realization of technical concepts and solutions for the Ducktrain vehicle together with our team of hardware and software engineers
- Development of vehicle system architecture, E/E system, electronics/mechatronics component integration, wiring/harness
- Responsibility for modules/domains of the vehicle system
- Responsibility and/or contribution to certification and homologation of the vehicle system
- Education in matching technical domains like electronics, mechatronics, vehicle engineering, …
- At least 3 years of working experience in technical development projects
- Knowledge of vehicle systems and components
- Experience in project management (advantage: training or certification in project management)
- Knowledge in the following fields is of great advantage
- CAD, including tools for schematic/PCB (e.g. KiCAD) and wiring/harness
- Modern C++
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project)
- Excellent English communication skills
What we offer
- Working in a young and motivated team in Aachen.
- Direct collaboration with our CTO.
- The chance to implement and realize your own ideas in a real product.
- A workplace in our office in the "Centre for Sustainable Mobility" and/or in the DigitalHub Aachen.
- The possibility to work (partially) from home.
- An appropriate compensation package.
Do you want to learn more about this offer or do you want to apply?
We are happy if you contact Ute Schulte.